Ink Splatters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for our friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argentum City

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
dimmondog

dimmondog

Argentum City - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:42 am

The door to Lyda's room opened slowly. Her father walked in with Lyda soon after him. There was nothing to be seen in the room. The filthy little girl was no where to be found. Lyda's father searched the floors and under the bed, nothing. Ary was outside the window, atop a paper thin piece of copper colored metal.
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 12:51 am

Lolita eyed him curiously Packaged? She thought, as she looked from him to the box she’d just stepped out of. She realized it was a coffin. The pieces of this strange situation were slowly starting to come together in her mind, though many parts were missing. Lolita looked down at the key in her hand before slipping it into a pocket in her skirt. Was I dead? She thought to herself. No she couldn’t possibly be dead. The gears in her mind were spinning as she tried to decipher all this. “I simply twisted your key.” The key, she thought, must be what made her pass out, and wake up. When mother insisted on the ‘surgery’ she thought the heart of brass was merely a decoration. Now she knew it was much more. These thoughts passed through her mind in a few seconds. She looked back up realizing she had yet to respond to the man’s inquiry. She was still somewhat distrustful, but he did have a logical explanation for his actions, and he was at least gentlemanly in his manner. She curtsied as she introduced herself “Pleased to meet your acquaintance. I am Lolita…” she paused. “…Callaghan.” She used her mother’s last name. Lolita had never thought of herself having a last name. For she’d never actually been introduced, or introduced herself to anyone before. Though, mother had taught her that one must always curtsy. And it would’ve sounded too common to simply give her first name. Lolita took out her fan, it was black lace, but the lace covered a series of sharp blades. She looked at him strangely at his offer, “Tell me Sir Arun, are all men as strange as you? Forgive the question; you see I’ve never met one save for the ones I was to kill. And that was not a meeting so much as an ambush.” As she fanned herself she got the sudden craving for tea. She felt it improper to ask, but then he did offer. “Tea would be lovely, thank you. Earl Grey if you’ve any.” She spared a glance to the unconscious man. Perhaps he's fainted. she thought as she stifled a laugh. A man fainting, the very idea was ridiculous. Mother always told her women were the ones who fainted. Always lacing their corsets too tight and passing out because of it. Well, if he has a corset to lace it must be rather tight. she thought, amused.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:15 am

“Are all men as strange as me,” Arun repeated her question. “That is difficult to answer. I suppose it depends on the man. As for the tea,” he acknowledged her request, “I have some apricot brandy, if it pleases you. I would offer some other teas, but I’m afraid you would decline them instantaneously. They aren’t the stereotypical brands you find at the market.” He laughed to himself. While awaiting her decision, he retrieved a mop bucket and dumped the filthy water on Gannon. The old man arose in shock. “I do apologize for that, dear friend,” Arun said.

Last edited by Lunabeam on Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 1:20 am

A man stumbles into an empty motel room. Blood dripped from his shirt and left an eiry trail behind him. He sat down on the motel bed and took a moment to breath. He looked down at his blood stained T-shirt, blinked twice and removed it. Four broken ribs on the right side of his chest. " Dammit!" he yelled in pain " She barely got away". He untied the sheath and leaned it against the night stand. He grasped photos from his pocket and observed them closely. He held picture of Ary which had a circle drawn around her. He switched it with a picture of Arun with the words "Coming soon" written on it. He laid down, closed his eyes, and fell to sleep. The sound of hissing rats seeped through the walls.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:50 am

The old butler stood in mortification. “Sorry, Sir,” Gannon muttered. When the man caught sight of Lolita, he froze gaping at her.

“Gannon, I need you to purchase some items for me. The first of which: some Earl Grey tea for Miss Lolita. The second of which: …have all the windows been replaced with Plexiglas and sealed off?” Arun inquired.

“...Yes Sir. That project was completed last month… All windows except the ones you requested to be preserved.” Gannon replied, never removing his eyes from the "undead corpse."

“Superb! Then I would like to put a chandelier over the staircase. I’ve done the calculations – the ceiling is high enough. Lastly, I would like to replace the wooden stair steps with thick glass sheets. Wouldn’t it be exquisite to see the lights reflected off the glass? Make sure the chandelier’s chain is at an accessible range.”

“I will make the necessary preparations,” Gannon said.

“And Gannon,” Arun added, “initiate the plans.” At this Gannon grew wide-eyed.

“Sir… Are you equipped?”

“Not yet, but I will be soon enough. It will take some time to get to the point anyhow. I will be ready then.” There was a long stillness between them. “’Down once more to the dungeon of my black despair! Down we plunge to the prison of my mind! Down that path into darkness deep as hell!’” Arun sang. “…Well go on. Put some water on the stove.”

Last edited by Lunabeam on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:30 pm

(OH, PHANTOM!)

Lyda had held her breath as her father whipped open the door. She stayed behind him and also searched.
You're lucky that the girl is so out of her mind. Normal people would have stayed after all my hints.
Lyda released her breath.
"Yep, they must still be in the walls, those rats." She tried to act nonchalant.
Her father gave her an undecided stare, but finally, he chose to speak.
"I suppose so. I'll call the exterminator in the morning," he walked to the door and paused with his hand on the knob. "If I come here at any time and find a boy in this room, you're grounded for life, never to date or marry."

With that, her dad left the room and went downstairs to grab a snack and go to sleep.
Now, I know where you get your idiocy.
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 pm

Floating her way downward, Ary heard the boy comment her dad said and giggled lightly. Once on the floor, Ary walked off still giggling. She finds a dumpster not far from Lyda's house and decides that she will see her new friend tomorrow after a long rest.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:43 pm

(Is it okay to skip to the morning?)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:45 pm

(Dunno. Let me text Nat.)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:54 pm

(~dodododo~ Dam will cause havoc in the morning ~dododo~)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:55 pm

(Answer #1: We can skip.

Answer #2: Bullshit.)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2009 11:59 pm

( =.=# so who wants to start?)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:05 am

(ME!)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:19 am

It was early dawn. The sky was dyed a twilit blue; dark clouds swelled overhead. Arun left his new guest to Gannon’s personal care, while he ventured into the dim back streets. He wore his hat low to shadow his eyes and carried a plain black umbrella with him for the chance of rain. Whistling softly to himself, he navigated through the maze of walls, delving deeper into the city. He twisted his threads, scheming.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:24 am

As dawn began to break, sun penetrated the windows of Lyda's room.
Wake up, sleepy head!
Lyda groaned and turned over.
The birds are chirping, and the sun is beginning to shine.
"You're evil. What time is it?" Every word was a mixture of mumble and moan.
5:35 on the dot.
"You're insane. I'm going to sleep."
Lyda turned over and held onto the bars of her headboard as she felt a tight tugging and grip on her feet.
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:32 am

Morning finally arrived. The dawning sun's rays hit the man's face, waking him up uncomfortably. He raises himself out of bed much like count Dracula. He prepared him self for the day. He switched his shirt, took a shower, brushed his teeth, brushed his hair, took some pain killers, grabbed his sheath, tied it around his back, grabbed his gun holster, and took off out the door. Everything done in a matter of minutes. Walking toward the city, he pulled out the photos from his pocket, and stared at them. He blinked twice, and put the photos back into there rightful place.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:35 am

(All right. No autohits and no godmods. We're getting to the action - we follow those two rules.)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:35 am

(WAIT WAIT WAIT briefly explain the rules again XD)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:39 am

( oh wait nvm i got it)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:42 am

(Ok. Rules:

#1: No GODMODS - controlling other character's actions in your own post. Example (the writer is Roger): Jeff ran for the crates, but Roger shot him just in time.

#2 No AUTOHITS - attacking and succeeding in the attack with out the writer's consent. Example (writer is Roger): Roger shot Jeff between the ribs. Blood spurted out.)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:44 am

( XD i got it i got it... what about jesus mod jk)
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:47 am

Lyda's slumbering strength was nothing compared to the three spirits as she slid off her bed and on to the ground, hitting her head on a wall somewhere in the process.
"Is it really THAT necessary that you wake me up at exactly 5:35 EVERY SINGLE MORNING!"
Yes.
Lyda released a sigh and grudgingly picked herself up off the ground.
"You will release me some day, and the next morning, I will sleep until 3 pm."
She grabbed an outfit and began her way to the bathroom.
"Can you at least wake me up more gently tomorrow?"
I'll see what I can do.

After getting ready, Lyda trudged down the stairs to put some food in her stomach.
"Why, hello, honey,"her mother greeted. "Did you sleep well? You look a little befuddled?" Her mother's perkiness was painful.
Lyda looked at her mom with sleepless eyes.
"I'm always befuddled."
"Well, since you're up and about, would you mind picking up your fathers dry cleaning and a few more apples and fruit?"
"Fine. If I must." She had no energy to complain anymore.
Lyda grabbed the very last green apple and began her way out the door.

(Night!)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 12:54 am

As the man moved closer and closer to the center of the city he pondered with himself. " I will have to ask the people if they've seen any sign of the beasts" he said to himself. He looked upward and found a candle shop placed in front of him. "Well that will be a start" he said to himself. Right hand placed on the katana he walked toward the door. Two blinks were taken, then he pulled back his leg and launched a kick to the door. "KYA BIATCH" he roared as the once unlocked door flew into the shop. He jumped in with the katana now in his hand pointing toward the young shop keeper.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:00 am

A cold, sharp blade was held to Cece’s throat. She ran her fingers over the metal. In a mellow voice she spoke, “Excuse me, can I help you in anyway?” She smiled innocently, despite the fact her shop was closed.

(Wtf….)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2009 1:04 am

He moved his sword aside and pulled out the photos. He almost shoved the photos in the shopkeepers face saying " Have you seen any of these people?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argentum City
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Splatters :: Roleplay-
Jump to: