Ink Splatters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for our friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argentum City

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:20 pm

Before the fall of scientific technology, experiments were held involving an ancient power. These experiments were called "Class Erus", or "Class E". Within these trials, a godlike being was formed. He was powerful over all space, time, and dimension. This marked the fall of the scientific revolution. War was spawned between countries and the city of Argentum was built upon corrupted principles and false rulers. It was rumoured that within the walls of the cold city, the offspring of the man-made god were born. They were called Demigods, born of a mortal mother and an immortal father. They possessed psychic abilities, pieces of their father's ultimate power, and were able to move space and time to their own wills. But they all thirsted for one thing: the complete power of their father.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:39 pm

While living in the metropolis of Argentum City, the mortals began to fear and loathe these "demigods". In return, the demigods started using the mortals as prey and as a show of their power. Each of these "demigods" has a different and unique ability from the rest. However, many of these half-gods remain hidden, without the knowledge of their powers known to others or even themselves. The sands of time have buried the identities of this new species.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Character Profiling   Argentum City Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 9:53 pm

The format for character creation will be as such:
::Character::

Name:
Nickname:
Species (Human or Demigod):
Ability (If Demigod):

Personality:

Histoy:

Appearance:

Hair:
Eyes:
Shape:
Height:
Skin:
Picture Reference(s):
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 12:03 am

Name: Cecelia
Nickname: Cece
Species (Human or Demigod): Human

Personality: She acts very childish for her age, but is aware of what is happening around her. To calm herself, she sucks a hard candy most of the time. She is blind, so her other senses have been heightened due to her lack of sight. She can read the presences of the people around her, making her more aware of those who are human and those who are deceiving. However, if one is a good actor, they can fool her with their voice.

History: She was orphaned as an infant, never to know who her parents were. When she was four, her eyes were burned by a fire in the orphan house. Abandoned on the streets, she trained herself to see the world through sound, touch, and scent. When she was twelve, an old woman took her in as an apprentice in her candle shoppe. She taught Cece how to craft the sweetest, most beautiful candles. One day she told Cece that she was traveling and wouldn't be back, but she left the shoppe in Cece's name and gave the girl a jewelry box of hard candies.

Appearance:

Hair: Long dark brown hair
Eyes: Brown with grey-white pupils from blindness
Shape: Petite and fragile
Height: 5’2
Skin: Fair
Picture Reference(s): Cece

Last edited by Lunabeam on Sat Aug 01, 2009 12:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 10:36 am

Name: Arun (His legal name is a number.)
Species (Human or Demigod): Demigod
Ability (If Demigod): Manipulation. He can enter people’s minds, alter their perceptions, and force them to perform actions to his will. It is possible to resist his suggestions, but it causes pain and disorientation until the victim escapes or Arun relinquishes control. When he has a person's given name, a pact is formed. The person is drawn to him and it is nearly impossible to resist him.

Personality: A genius. He’s a multitasker and deep thinker, but he gets so lost in his head that he forgets what he his doing or where he is going. To remember, he ties colored strings around his fingers so if he happens to look at his hand, he remembers by each string what he must do. He’s very eccentric and finds strange ways to eliminate of his enemies.

History: Most of his childhood was spent in a scientific laboratory being poked with needles and shocked by electricity. When he was a young teen, one of the scientists had an affair with him and felt pity on his lifestyle – so she let him escape. On his own in the city, he found just how useful his ability was and took advantage of the common person. Three years later while digging through old documents, he discovered the woman was his mother. Outraged, he found her and murdered her. Now he sits on a bed of money and is working to eradicate the remaining scientists who created Erus and all those who supported it.

Appearance:

Hair: Short red hair
Eyes: Slate Grey
Shape: Reasonably tall and fit
Height: 5'10
Skin: Pale. There are burns across his chest and back, and scars trailing up his arms.
Picture Reference(s): Arun

Last edited by Lunabeam on Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:50 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:33 pm

Name: Lyda
Ability (If Demigod): Psionic Blast- to overload another's mind (or her own) causing pain, memory loss, lack of consciousness, a vegetative state, or death ( Sidenote: As a consequence for killing, she is haunted by that person's spirit until she dies or they release her from liability for their death. No one else can see them but her.)

Personality: Lyda had always been rough around the edges, but when she noticed her not-so-subtle changes to a demigod, fear and hatred overwhelmed her. She is apprehensive of the future and waiting for something to bring her back to when she was human and normal. Slowly, she must learn to accept herself and to use her fear as her strength.

Histoy:
Growing up as a child, Lyda had been raised to hate demigods. Her mother would constantly have her draw pictures of them as horrific monsters who ate little children.
Her father had been married to her mother for 17 years, but it sometimes seemed to Lyda that she had very little in common with her father. Only when she began changing did she realize the gravity in that truth.

Appearance (Before she becomes a demigod):

Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Blue
Shape: Average
Height: 5'2
Skin: Pale
Picture Reference(s): Before picture

Appearance (After she becomes a demigod):

Hair: Purple
Eyes: Violet
Shape: Thin
Height: 5'4
Skin: Pale
Picture Reference(s): After picture

Last edited by rileyloveya on Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:05 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 8:43 pm

Name: Arlana
Nickname: Ary
Ability (If Demigod): control, move, and alter any form of metal.(metal body suit, puppets, etc)Must be near the metal to use it.

Personality: Quiet and innocent. Although she is a demigod she loves humans and other forms of life. Values even the life of insects. Spends most of her days wondering around the backyard garden observing the life. Only reason for using her powers is too defend her mother and other people. Very friendly to ANY one she meets.

History: Ary's mom taught her not to never harm any living thing. She tried to conceal Ary's powers from the public but word spread of the "metal mover" . Not soon after that strange men broke into their house looking to kill the demigod. Ary escaped but her mother was burned alive along with the house. Ary didn't fight back or seek revenge. She is now in hiding among the many alleys and dumpsters of Argentum city still holding the amazing power.

Appearance:

Hair: Brown and half way down her back.
Eyes: dark brown
Shape: skinny
Height: 4'1
Skin: pale but smothered in dirt
Picture References: Ary
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:45 am

It was a warm summer night in the city of Argentum. The piercing lights of the buildings chased away the stars, leaving the sky an empty black expanse. Arun sauntered down the dark streets, his bug cage tied to his belt. Every so often, he would catch sight of a quick little roach, chase it down, and put it in his cage. As one of his lifelong hobbies, he found solace in plucking the writhing creatures from their homes and poisoning them to send in chocolate boxes. When someone would stroll by, (which was very uncommon in this part of town indeed), he would tip his hat and wish them a good evening. Most people found his sociability alarming. So he proceeded down the shadowed alleys, whistling by the windows of sleeping children and stringing spiders to garnish his study when he returned home.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 am

Lyda stared at herself in the mirror as fear and self-hatred overwhelmed her. She raised one hand to her right ear as more skin peeled off, revealing an intricate design. It wouldn't be soon before her left ear would peel also. She released a heavy sigh and slight sob while the skin washed down the drain. She very well knew what she was becoming, even if she was still in a state of denial.
Her roots glittered a vibrant purple as Lyda began the next step to dye her hair, for the second time that day. The hair was impossible. She stared at the box with disbelief, and let it drop to the ground as she left the bathroom as silent as a fox. She would have to wear a hat around the house and everywhere else in the world anyways since her ears decided to throw a rebellion against the human race. She might as well save some money on hair dye.
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:23 am

A rat creeps out of a dark small crack in the concrete wall. Covered in dirt and filth the vermin inches hes way farther and farther away from his home into the openness of the alley. With every step he sniffs the fowl air. The rat sees his treasure, a garbage bag, and sneaks his way toward it . Finally after what seems like 10 minutes, he reaches his destination. The rat looks both ways, scanning the darkness for intruders. On his look to the right he sees a shadow of something. Another rat? Too hard to tell with the overlapping darkness. The figure approaches and with every foot closer the shadow becomes more defined. The rat pull up his front feet ready to attack the opposing enemy. Finally the figure walks out of the darkness and into the light formed by the business of the street. It was like looking into a mirror, the dark figure was another rat .This rat had a shine to it and it walked in an awkward way, almost limping. The filthy rat ran away in fear from the metallic doppelganger, back into the crack. The metal creature collapsed into itself and melted. It floated atop the asphalt reflecting the light from the street. A quiet mellow sigh came from the darness.

T^T
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:11 am

She could see them, crawling on the floor and ceiling, banging on the closets all night, shaking her bed, scratching on her windows with their long fingernails. They were everywhere. She used to never sleep because of them, afraid of what nightmares would happen if she dared close her eyes.
The ghosts from her past with their distorted faces. They all haunted her mind, never letting her forget her slip-ups of power and the end of their lives.

She had always tried to convince herself that it wasn't her fault. They told her otherwise.

(Refer to ability sidenote in profile.)

Last edited by rileyloveya on Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 11:38 am

Arun was feeling rather jolly…until he tripped over a small, soft bump. He cursed, looked back, and observed a grimy little child huddling in the darkness. “Good evening,” he tipped his hat. “Aren’t you an unseemly object of disrepair?” He knelt beside her, searching his pockets for a clean, white handkerchief. Placing it in her lap, he patted her cheek and sighed. “Never fear, my dear, sweet, ablutophobiac. The time will come. Do you hear the muffled siren call beneath the crevices of this city?” He placed his ear to the stone ground. “Ahh. It’s Father.” He stood, humming, and left the girl to her metal rats, while he imprisoned roaches and garlanded arachnids.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:31 pm

The voices never stopped.
Why should you get to sleep in this world if we can't?
Do you really think you're special? You're a freak, and everyone will reject you.
Lyda released a sigh as she pushed herself up in bed and opened her eyes to see the peering figures in their nightmare form.
"I didn't know then. I didn't realize what would happen to you." Her voice was a whisper, but all three of them heard her.
Do you think that makes it any better?! You're a murderer.
No matter how many times she listened to them say it, it always made her eyes get watery.
"I'm sorry!"
You and your pathetic apologies.
Lyda inched out of the bed to have them grab her ankles as she turned to stuff pillows under the bed comforter.
Where do you think you're going at almost midnight?
"I'm taking a walk. I would invite you, but you'd come anyways." She had a annoyed yet hysterical laugh.
As she walked toward the window, they all crowded behind her.
Ohh, the classic window jump from the third story that you love so much. Are you going to use the tree this time?
"No, the tree is for the way up."
With that she soared down the story window to land with a slight tumble on the ground. There were some perks that came with being a demigod that she didn't completely mind. One was the whole immortal thing.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:57 pm

It was about 2:30 am.

Arun continued down the vacant streets, heading home after a generous collection in the slums. He twisted the colorful strings on his fingers, brooding over each one’s purpose and contemplating his methods of action. From about forty feet away, he saw a silhouette nervously pacing by a streetlight. A curious temptation drove him to pay this person a visit. He approached a girl wearing an afternoon hat and greeted her, grinning deviously. “Good evening, young lady. Might I ask what you are doing out bed on this fine night? It’s quite late.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:09 pm

Are you just going to pace all night?
Nothing will make you better, you're going to be a freak forever.

A man approached her, interrupting her pacing and mental conversation.
You'll be a freak, even worse than this guy.
Lyda looked over at him for a second. He was a queer looking man with rainbow strings on his fingers and a cage of roaches with him. She didn't want to agree with the phantoms audibly.
"Oh, hello. I'm sorry if I'm disturbing you at all. I couldn't sleep," She gave a side glance to the apparitions,"and so I decided to take a stroll."
You would need a chainsaw and hockey mask to slightly disturb this guy.
One of the ghosts had an evil laugh that Lyda knew wasn't good as she felt her hat inching up and an expression of fear crossed her face. She rushed her hands and yanked the hat down with a nervous laugh and fake smile to the man.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:20 pm

Arun smirked. “I would be pleased to introduce myself.” He tipped his hat and bowed slightly. “My name is Gannon. Would you mind taking a walk with me? You seem to be a fascinating person.” He started walking, motioning for her to follow.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:30 pm

That's it now. You're going to be another person he's killed. That's probably what the strings are for, how many people he's killed.
I wonder what color string you'll have. Maybe he'll be nice enough to give you purple since that's your true hair color.

Lyda whispered under her breath,"I'm blonde."
Lyda looked towards the guy and followed despite all the phantoms' remarks.
Even though, you never really know. Maybe he'll end up with us. It would be interesting to see how a guy with a bunch of cockroaches tortures you.
Lyda ran a little bit so that she was reasonably close behind him.
"Nice to meet you, . . . Gannon. My name is . . ."
Nancy.
Olivia.
Petunia.

"Evelyn."
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:42 pm

“Hmm. Evelyn.” He reached in his pocket and pulled out a fresh, white string, tying it around his finger. “’What’s in a name? That which we call a rose By any other name would smell as sweet.’” He lifted his head to the sky. “How I long to see the stars. This city is similar to the cage which contains my little friends.” He turned to look her in the face. “Do you not agree?”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 1:46 pm

THE STRING! He added you.
Nice knowing you, kid. NOT!
This one's a wacko.

"I guess you're right. It is a little like a cage. I've yet to see beyond its walls."
You do realize that you just compared yourself to a cockroach, right?
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:06 pm

“Well, my dear Evelyn. We had a truly riveting conversation.” He stopped walking briefly and lifted a chain from his neck. There was a small, silver key tied to it. “This…” he handed it to her, “is for you. If you ever need a place to escape to, for any reason, you’re welcome in my house. No one will ever find you there. By god, even I won’t find you there. Unless you prefer to sit by the front door… -but I rarely use it anyhow.” He paused. “The address is etched into the back of the key… I occasionally forget where I live… It is quite useful.” He paused again. “Oh! And don’t worry about my key. I have a spare.” He held up a key ring loaded with about forty identical keys. “I hope to get the privilege of speaking with you again. Good night, dear Evelyn.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 2:18 pm

Lyda looked down at the key in her hand.
"Thank you." She looked up to see Gannon long gone out of hearing range.
I think we either have A) a serial killer, B) a perverted psychopath, or C) all of the above.
"Maybe he was just being nice. . ."
No one is nice in this city. You should know that of all people. You go around all day with your friends, making hateful comments about demigods, and then you come home and say and listen to even more with your parents.
"I'm sure there's at least one or two nice people in this city."
I would give up hoping now before you actually do something dangerous like go to that guy's house.
"If he wanted to hurt me so badly, he could of just hurt me now."
You have much to learn before you go killing more people.
"I'm not killing anymore people."
We'll see about that.

With that, Lyda began her long journey back to home.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 10:50 pm

Arun entered his house through the back window leading right into his study. It was a cluttered room, piled almost to the ceiling with books and unusual trinkets Arun found on the streets. The farthest corner was occupied by a clean oak desk that held nothing on its top besides an antique lamp.

Arun began to observe his door, feeling the frame and twisting the knob from side to side. “Gannon!” He called the name of his faithful butler, whom he so often stole the name of. In a few moments, Gannon entered the study with a notepad, prepared to write down his master’s peculiar requests. “I need fourteen more doorknobs,” Arun ordered. The old man cleared his throat.

“But sir… Your door can’t hold anymore…doorknobs,” the butler sighed in exasperation. Arun walked around to view the other side. The aged wood had been hammered with a thousand nails in the past, leaving dotted holes across the surface. Currently, there were nine doorknobs screwed to the door – only one of them worked.

“Gannon, this simply won’t work. I need at least twenty-three knobs on this door. We’re just going to have to replace it.” Arun nodded with satisfaction. Gannon grunted.

“Then I will place an order for a door with…twenty-three…doorknobs…” Before Gannon could leave, Arun placed one more request.

“Make sure they’re twenty-three INDIVIDUAL doorknobs! Each with their own keys!”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:59 am

Lyda grabbed each branch by branch as she worked her way up the familiar tree. When she reached the top and slid in, she found herself facing the scariest creatures ever imaginable for a young girl coming back into her room. The parents.
"Where were you?" Her father did the talking.
Ohhh, you're in for it now. You snuck out to meet up with a twenty or so year old psycho. Probably a demigod too by his odd aura. That will please them to death.
"I had trouble sleeping, so I wanted some fresh air. I didn't want to worry you guys."Lyda had a slight moan to her voice.
Her mother stepped forward."You had us worried sick! We thought you had been kidnapped or worse. We thought one of the others may have gotten to you."
Ha. You know what follows that type statement.
It was her father's voice that would assert this sentence,"I'm afraid we'll just have to ground you for now, and if we find you sneaking out again, we'll double the time. For now it will be two weeks."
"I'm sorry, honey. It will pass quickly, and I'm sure you understand that when you break the rules, there are consequences." Her mother was always the one to never soften but to fluff the truth. Then, both parents left her with a kiss on the cheek from her mom. Left her alone in the darkness with the mocking, dead people.
I guess you'll see your psycho lover boy Gannon when you get off of grounding probation.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:31 am

(To our dear friends: We are truly sorry to go ahead of you like this, but we are bored. And this is our current cure for boredom. So forgive us if you are left somewhat behind due to lack of posting. >< Honest… We can’t control our fingers.)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 1:47 am

TWO DAYS LATER

A loud bang echoed through the empty doorframe to Arun’s study. He looked up from his book on leeches and smirked. “’While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping, As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.’” He leapt from his reading chair to accept the package he had been expecting for the past two days. The delivery man leaned a large, rectangular box against the worn paneling of the house. “Good afternoon," Arun said. "I thank you for bringing this to me… I apologize for burdening you with a speedy delivery of an object so massive. Have a wonderful day.” Before the man could say anything, Arun had dragged the box into the house and slammed the door. He laid it down on the marble floor and slit the tape, exhilaration filling his eyes. When he caught sight of his new study door, he beamed and retrieved a screwdriver to remove the hinges.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argentum City Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argentum City
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Splatters :: Roleplay-
Jump to: