Ink Splatters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for our friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argentum City

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

Argentum City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:05 am

Lyda stared out her window.
Isn't it a beautiful day? I bet your friends are dying to see you and share the latest gossip about Billy and his new girlfriend.
Lyda snapped her head to look at the ghostly figure," Billy has a new girl?! Since when?"
Guess you'll never know.
This would surely drive her more insane than she already was. Listening to them chattering away.
She got up and walked over to the bathroom. She could still hear them, but they never came into the bathroom for personal reasons when the door was shut. So, Lyda used this time to pull out the dye. She died it the day before, but her hair was still trying to break the hat's barrier with a vibrant aura of purple. She pulled out the supplies and thought for a moment how great it would be to be bald. Then she thought otherwise. As she reached her hand back, she hit her left ear and noticed what she feared a few nights before. The skin was slowly pulling back on its own revealing intricate side indents and details to her ear that she absolutely loathed. She was becoming a monster just like the rest of them.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 12:38 pm

Arun squeezed a thin piece of wood between the sides of the doorframe. Cautiously, he pushed the door into the frame so it became stuck unless one pushed upward and pulled it out. Then he took a mat, placed it in front, and stuffed the twenty-three individual keys beneath it.

“Sir…” Gannon said, “Why did you create such an inconvenience?” Arun laughed.

“This door was the inconvenience originally. It is so simple for someone to pick the lock and enter my study. Now, he will spend hours finding each key for each lock and which knob opens the door – when really no knobs open the door. I prefer my window. And because there is a thorn bush in front of it, not many would venture through,” Arun explained.

“…And you would, Sir…” Gannon sighed. The butler shuffled away shaking his head. “What idiocy…” He muttered beneath his breath.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 pm

The bells on the shop door chimed. Cece felt her away to the front counter and greeted her customer. “Hi! How may I help you?” she assisted.

“I need you to do something for me,” a man explained. “What’s your name?”

“Cece,” she replied trustingly.

“Cece…” the man repeated. “Could you find me a candle that would fit something say, this size in it?” He held out his hands for her to feel his reference. She nodded and felt around the numerous shelves for a candle that fit his request. When she found one, she brought it to him to confirm. “That’s perfect. Thank you,” he said. He handed her the money and told her to open her mouth. Willingly, she obeyed. He popped a smooth caramel into her mouth and left the store with his purchase.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Arun waited until the street was relatively clear to place the candle on the Baroness’s front doorstep. He banged the knocker and left before the maid could identify him. Walking about two hundred feet from the mansion, he murmured to himself, “Three o’clock, bath. Three o’clock, bath.” Then he stopped, pulled out his pocket watch and counted, “Three – two – one.”

KA-BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

A loud explosion echoed behind him. He smirked and untied a golden string from his finger.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:31 pm

The house was stuffy and too congested for liking, so after much persuasion, Lyda was allowed to run a few errands for her parents. The first one was a new towel because the ones in her bathroom had been mysteriously disappearing after dye spilled on them. Oops.
Suddenly beyond her capacity of seeing, a loud explosion and dust cloud radiated through the city.
Hmm. Looks like there's more than one psychopath in this city besides your new man toy.
"Could you stop calling him that?!" Lyda slightly yelled, receiving a few weird glances from the strangers around her. Luckily she was mainly ignored because everyone was distracted by the blast.
Lyda remembered that her second place that she was supposed to go was the grocery store in that direction, so she picked up speed and began a jog as her curiosity peaked.
It's always the smartest idea to go towards the gigantic explosion. NOT!
"It doesn't matter, not like it was a gun shot."
Oh, okay. Situations are only dangerous if guns are involved. Gotcha.

As she drew closer, Lyda had to run through crowds of people. She listened to some of the commoners talking while she passed.
"Do you know what I think? I think it was those damn demigods, thinking they can do whatever they want and get away with it."
"Why would would a demi do it? She was on their side wasn't she? She donated all that money that helped to create them."
"The whole lot of them are ungrateful bastards. That's why. They all are think that they're so great and mighty. They're all terrible monsters. Freaks of nature. Just wait one day. We'll kill them all. Just wait."

For once, the loud mouth spirits had nothing to say to a comment made by another. They knew when Lyda was already tortured, and there was no fun kicking someone while they're down. You have to wait until they stand back up. Then you kick them back down and laugh.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 2:55 pm

As Lyda worked her way closer and closer, she was finally able to see the explosion sight miles away. It was the Baroness's palace that was the center of ruin and destruction. Lyda wasn't able to decide who she thought had committed the act. A human might want to rid of the woman who would help to create such atrocities. On the other hand, you can never quite figure out the demigods. The whole crowd was slowly inching forward. They knew the site well, and everyone was curious what the site would be now, and if there were any survivors.
A contradiction to the crowd however, caught Lyda's eye. There was a figure shirking through the crowd but moving in the wrong direction. Lyda turned and began walking faster and faster until she was close enough to see the man's identity.
We are traveling the love lane, down the road we will meet again.
"Shut up."
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:08 pm

Arun was shoved by the stampede of curious civilians. No one noticed him moving in the opposite direction, or so he thought. Then he caught sight of Evelyn watching him strangely. He tipped his hat and made his way over to her. “Good afternoon, Miss Evelyn!” he practically shouted over the din. “Shall we take a stroll?”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:12 pm

I know you better, but still I must insist how stupid it would be to say-
"That would be great." Her slight enthusiasm was added just as a mockery of her least favorite mental ghost.
Fine be that way. If you get killed, I'm gonna thank him.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:21 pm

Arun offered her his arm and started down the less crowded side roads. “It’s an exceptionally beautiful day,” he began. “’Evil brings men together.’ In this entire catastrophe, there is always a group of seemingly unlike individuals who bond together in their time of need. A disaster is a promise for new alliances. Or at least, that is how I perceive it.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:28 pm

Nope. I was wrong. Only one mad man is necessary to fit all disasters.
Lyda gave a slight laugh. "You're right. The sky is so pretty today, and some times things happen for the purpose of happening. Who would know that I would run into you on my way to do errands for my parents."
Lyda thought of the irony that she was grounded for staying up to late and being outside with Gannon, yet here she is again.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm

’A person often meets his destiny on the road he took to avoid it.’” He continued in silence. “Our fates have been written. Defying our destined path leads us to self destruction. It doesn’t surprise me at all that we meet on a day like this. Perhaps there is some greater purpose behind our conversation.” He felt the ridges of his threads.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 3:51 pm

Don't let him take you to any dark alley ways. He still has that string from the other night. All those many strings, and I bet that all those were just from today.
"I'm not sure if I believe in fate yet. It would have been cruel to be given my circumstances from the past few weeks."
It's your fault that you killed us, and your fault that you snuck out. You have no right to complain. If anything, I should be complaining more.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:00 pm

’To be, or not to be, that is the question: Whether ‘tis nobler in the mind to suffer The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune, Or to take arms against a sea of troubles And by opposing end them.’ Simply put, there is no life without suffering. Only in death do we find true peace,” he enlightened. “Whatever troubles you are facing, your only choices are to accept them or to take your own life. Through suffering, benefits can be eventually reaped. We can only live if we accept our pain.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:12 pm

AT least, he's a deep and meaningful psychopath.
Lyda looked in the opposite direction for a moment, deep in thought, and then back to him.
"I always see you wandering about, and you gave me one of your keys to your house. Do you have any family there with you?"
That's not an obvious change of subject.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:25 pm

Alarm flickered across his eyes. He was silent for a long moment. “I had neither a family, nor a true childhood.” He hesitated. “Let’s just say, prodigious talents make you an object of interest.” He stared straight ahead, appearing distant. “I live primarily alone, with the exception of my butler.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:29 pm

"I'm sorry. My family isn't the greatest. My dad is always yelling at me, and my mom goes along with whatever he has to say. However, it's nice that you've had your butler around with you. What's his name?" Lyda smiled genuinely.
Yep, psychopaths have traumatic pasts. Do I need any more evidence to prove to you how insane this man is?
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:33 pm

'Anything that happens once does not necessarily happen again, everything that happens twice is likely to happen for the third time as well.'” He rubbed his chin. “Because of this, I have a confession.” He smiled nervously. “My name is not Gannon. I am Arun. Gannon is my butler.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 4:45 pm

"Oh."
You better not tell him your name. He's a psychopath. He should have an insane asylum named after him.
"Arun. . . I like your name," She paused, hesitantly. She couldn't deny that Arun came off as slightly mental. However, she talks to ghosts. So, they were about equal.
You are not going to. For once, listen to the voices inside your head.
"I was untruthful with you also. My name isn't Evelyn." Lyda had an indecisive smile.
"My name is-,"she paused slightly.
You idiot.
"Lyda."
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:06 pm

Arun grinned. “Well, it is my genuine pleasure to meet you, Miss Lyda.” He bowed. “I am afraid my time here is up. I will leave you now… Good afternoon and I will see you in the near future.” He tipped his hat and turned around a corner into the darkness.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm

You couldn't listen to me for once in your life, could you? No.
"He doesn't seem dangerous to me." Lyda was calm.
He just blew up an old lady.
"You have no proof of that, and even so, I'm sure there was reasoning behind it."
You will never learn.

Lyda continued onto the many shops. She could blame her delay on trying to find a good deal.
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 6:17 pm

Name: Lolita

Species (Human or Demigod): Human/Doll (To be explained)
Ability (If Demigod): Extremely strong, fast, ages very slowly.

Personality: Some may call me...Snobby but I'd call myself...Well-mannered, I was raised like any other high class Victorian lady, though my goals were a little different, and so I wasn't raised quite as strictly. Every once in a while the child part of my personality will break free, this is when I'm most likely to show emotion or act like a normal human being. Not that I ever was one.

History: My mother was a brilliant scientist whose works were quite ahead of her time. Her brilliance was a hair's breadth away from madness. And because her fellow scientists could not accept that a woman had made discoveries and theories far beyond theirs, they kidnapped her daughter to scare her into silence. Though, in the process of the kidnapping the girl was accidentally killed and her body was delivered back home. Mother was never quite right after that. She continued her studies, but this time her goal was revenge. She withdrew from society and ventured into the forbidden realms of alchemy and black magic, and thus found a connecting link between them and science. Her daughters body was taken apart and sewn back together over a skeleton of brass gears and cogs, and metal plates. Thus I was created, and raised as both a aristocrat and as an assassin. The proper etiquette for a lady of good standing was taught right beside lessons in combat and assassination. Though, just before I was to depart to take out my intended targets, a strange group broke into our home and restrained us. Apparently the scientific society that took my precursor's life had been keeping careful tabs, knowing mother's genius and disregard for taboos was a dangerous combination. However they had no idea exactly what mother had been working on. Nor did they know what I was. I was quite easily able to over power most of them. However one did manage to stop me, and I'm not quite sure how. All I remember is hearing a lock click and slowly losing consciousness. The last thing I saw before I blacked out was my mother being taken away, and the strangers yelling something about 'Bedlam.'

Appearance:
I am doll-like with a petite build, an oval face, large almost round, gold eyes set at a slight angle, and round-ish doll like lips that most people try to imitate by painting only the center of their lips. My hair is a soft, shiny grey that falls just past my hips. It is adorned with braids, silver beads, and black feathers. Round-cut bangs go just to my eyes and add to my doll-like appearance. My skin is pale with an almost-grayish tint to it, close to my hair color. My style is very Victorian, or Lolita like. I am wearing a bonnet, a ruffled blouse with a large bow at the center, a black bolero with sleeves that go to my elbows, a under-bust corset that cinches my already tiny waist in further, pointy Victorian boots, and a knee-length black skirt with a ballerina-like fluffiness to it. Everything of course is adorned with ruffles and bows, and in neutral shades of black, white, and grey. What you can see of my arms and legs is covered in black lace. You can see what appears to be stitches and lines like on a doll, through the lace. My only possessions are a brass and gold necklace that is shaped like a heart with gears turning inside it, and a black feather fan hanging from a loop on my dress. I walk with a stiff formality, and my posture is always perfect. Because of the full skirt and corset I appear to have a wasp-waist, but my actual build is slender. I appear to be a child at first glance, but upon further inspection I am actually quite a few years older. Despite my small frame, I am very strong. This is because the majority of my body is metal.

Picture Reference(s): https://2img.net/r/ihimizer/img257/551/ashlotteinsoulcalibur4.jpg (This was the basis for the character, but not exactly. Their costumes are very different. The real similarity is in the hair, eyes, and skintone.)
Back to top Go down
dimmondog

dimmondog

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:12 pm

Name: Dalmarn

Nickname:Dam

Species: Human

Ability: Wup Ass ( Mastery of sword , Uses guns)

Personality: He hates all demigods. Never trusts anyone outside of his gang and family. He is very clumsy. Jokes around ALOT even to strangers. He is also quick to judge and very violent. Never taught manners. Ever since he was little he hated the demigods. Surprisingly witty.

History: Like most people in argentum city He hates the demigods. Ever since he was a small child hes been taught to loath them. He dropped out of school at age 16 and decided to go into one of the many gangs in Argentum. There purpose is to kill any demigod they find. Even with his clumsiness he practiced using a sword so he can deal with demigod if he found one. He skills escalated and he decided to leave the gang to find the monsters on his own. The gang doesn't like that too much.

Height: 6'3

Shape: well built slightly muscular

Appearance: Bleached spiked hair and blue eyes. Pail skin. He carries a large brown circular scar on his left check. He wears common jeans and a T-shirt, but under it you can clearly see a bullet proof vest leg padding, and shoulder covers.
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:18 pm

There is blackness, pure and utter blackness like a night sky without stars. This must be what it felt like for a soul to travel down the river Styx rather than across it. Clip-clop-Clip-clop-Clip-clop was the rhythm of the horse's hooves on the paved street. The spectral, sleek black horses, passed by like something out of a dream or a nightmare. They trotted at an even pace, eyes straight ahead, focused without blinders. The old-fashioned carriage they pulled was something of another time and place entirely. It was deeply polished black and silver that gleamed in the mid-day sun. People walking by on the street stopped to stare. Cars driving behind it dared not honk their horns or make a fuss about it, for something about the thing silenced them. It was not until this carriage stopped, at a certain house, on a certain street, with a certain door containing 23 individual door knobs, that you recognized the elongated shape. This was no carriage, at least not for the living, this was a hearse. The coachman, also attired in the vestments of forgotten days, stepped down from the seat. He adjusted his top hat and coat tails as he walked to the back of the hearse. Another man, seemingly appearing out of nowhere waited and helped the driver drag out a long hexagonal box from the back. It was also highly polished black. The two men carried the unusual parcel to the door of the house and knocked, holding it at a slight angle as to not disturb its contents. The horses could be heard snorting as if in impatience to get the delivery made and get back to their stables.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:22 pm

((Damn (Dam), it's on. Twisted Evil ))

Last edited by rileyloveya on Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2009 11:23 pm

(Yes, that it is! I was reading some Emilie Autumn poems earlier, so I'm in a poetic mood. Which is good for my posts! Very Happy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argentum City
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Splatters :: Roleplay-
Jump to: