Ink Splatters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A private forum for our friends.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Argentum City

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
dimmondog

dimmondog

Argentum City - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm

Ary witnessed the murderous rampage. She saw the innocent live get taken away. She heard their cry's. She felt their deaths. She had still been following Lyda after the candle shop and she approached the doors of Aruns house. She hesitated before knocking.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:06 pm

Arun grinned. “Silence, you insufferable fiends!” He barked at the spirits. Extending his hand to her, he invited Lyda to her feet. “Come. I’ll put on some old records. Or perhaps would you prefer that hot tottie? It will help you sleep.” He sighed. “Allow me to at least transfer you to a suitable chair. I promise we will discover away to relieve you of these people… We can discuss this some time over a warm cup of tea when the shock has passed. But please, come with me.”
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:13 pm

Lyda took Arun's hand, and there was silence, except for one.
What an odd man. . .
"I'm not much for alcohol, but I might need some help sleeping tonight. . . Music might be nice also."
She used his hand to assist her up.
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:27 pm

Lolita had been sitting, quietly sipping her tea, reminiscing about the past when a very loud crash brought her back to reality. The teacup dropped from her hands, and with inhuman speed she caught it just before it hit the ground. She took the small china tea cup and set it on the table before going to investigate. She opened the window next to the front door, a window which should have been impossible to open, and looked out. She saw some vagabond of a man, most likely some beggar from the slums looking for work standing there. It was then that she peered out further and noticed that he was carrying an array of strange weapons. She saw Arun simply standing there as if he was at some strangers house waiting for someone to open the door. It was then that she looked past the two and saw the world outside. A world very different from her own. Gone were the horse-drawn carriages and cobblestone streets, gone were the women in their fine dresses and corsets. Gone were parasols, and hand-painted signs. These had all been stolen and replaced with strange glowing lights, and even stranger buildings. What sort of a city was this? She climbed out the window and walked right behind Arun, not even hearing the confrontation between the two, or even the gunshot. She was oblivious to everything except for this new environment. Even the sky above her was strange, it was lighter somehow, as if the factories of London had simply disappeared. She walked a bit, then stayed put, almost afraid to venture out. As she reached the street a strange contraption flew past her at amazing speed. It almost looked like a carriage without the horses. As It was then that she looked down at her feet and spotted something familiar, a newspaper. As soon as she picked it up, she knew that despite appearances it was also alien to her. Her gears nearly stopped turning when she spied the date on the page. Not the day, or the month, but the year. 2050. It was nearly 209 years later. But how can this be, I was only unconscious for a few hours. The full gravity of the situation dawned on her and she simply stood there. Her eyes were blank, and her gears were spinning faster than they ever had before, trying to absorb the information. It was when she felt a strange presence go past her and into the house that she snapped back. Though her mind was still spinning with the realization of the time that had lapsed, she walked inside, following the strange aura. When she got to the door, it was pure and complete chaos. Arun had sustained some sort of wound, and there was a strange girl standing there. For once she wasn't quite sure how to conduct herself. It would not seem to be the time for introductions. She simply stood there and stared, waiting for someone to acknowledge her. She had made several realizations this afternoon, she was far from home, far from her time, and her mother, being mortal was probably long dead, along with most of her targets. Though, she must find a way to complete her assignment, her mother's last instructions to her. Then she remembered the photographs, in the drawer of a house that probably no longer existed.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:34 pm

“I guarantee you will not taste it,” Arun told her. He led her to a plush chair and sifted through some records. When he found one he was fond of, he placed it on an old phonograph. “Lolita, ablutophobiac, come sit,” he invited them. “Gannon!” he summoned his butler. The old man crept cautiously from the kitchen. “Please make a hot tottie for Miss Lyda. Miss Lolita might like her Earl Grey tea about now, and the child could use a hot chocolate and a bath.” Arun closed his eyes and listened to the sweet music.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 9:52 pm

Lyda had never seen an old phonograph before, and she was slightly startled when it began to play a strange and yet very calming melody. She sat down and took little notice of the others in the room, slightly afraid to acknowledge them and add to the many.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm

Gannon returned with the drinks balanced on a pewter tray. Rather than requesting a drink himself, Arun resumed his depleting of the vodka. “I hate to burden you, but it seems we will be expecting two additional guests this evening.” The old man nodded, placed the drinks on the table, and shied off into the kitchen. A long silence ensued, apart from the music echoing from the phonogram.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:19 pm

The girl was odd. Nothing Lyda had ever seen. She seemed about Lyda's age but very out of place. Lyda's attention kept being drawn to her until Lyda was downright staring. At last, Lyda found it necessary for introductions. She looked down at her cup drowsily.
"I'm Lyda."
Not needing a response. Lyda turned to Arun.
"Do you spend every day like this?"
Lyda's stomach growled.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 10:49 pm

“Every day is a new experience,” Arun said. “Nothing ever happens twice identically. As for lunch, I will assist Gannon in fixing sandwiches,” he responded.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:09 pm

"Oh, that sounds good. I haven't eaten since-," she paused,"since I ate an apple while on an errand for my mom."
Lyda began to cry.
Don't cry, honey. I'm still here for as long as you need me.
"No, you're not."
Lyda no longer cared what others thought about her invisible conversation.
Lyda, I'm sorry for what has happened.
Lyda hardened as the next words flowed from her lips without thinking.
"No, you're not." Her eyes glowed for a minute before dimming back down.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Arun and Gannon continued to host the gathering, serving foods and drinks to the guests until night had fallen. (Sorry, not much conversation topic right now. We need a pinch of epic…)
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:16 am

(Anyone got a plan for some epic-ness?)
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:19 am

(I'll have a post typed in a second. Trust me, it will prove amusing.)
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:38 am

Lolita's trance was broken when she heard the new person introducing themselves. Almost instinctively she introduced herself and curtsied. She took a seat next to the strange guest, they were staring at her as much as she was staring at them. Though, Lolita, now hidden behind her black lace fan, had mastered the art of studying someone without looking like you were even looking at the person. Lolita could not determine if the person was a boy or girl. So very confusing. Though they had long hair, and a feminine face, they were wearing boy's clothes and no corset. She continued staring, not knowing what to think. They said their name was Lyda, that is certainly a girl's name. Usually she would've dismissed this person as low-class, but then the girl was also a friend of Arun's. The only proper thing to do would be to get her outfitted at a dressmaker's. I should still have some coins, the ones mother gave me that night. she thought. She accepted the tea as it was given to her with a thanks. She looked up at the girl, "Miss Lyda, tell me, have you ever owned a proper corset?" she asked, not waiting to hear the reply she said "Tommorow we shall have you outfitted at a proper dressmaker's. Its simply scandalous to be out and about without one. And in men's clothing no less!" Lolita said these last lines in a hushed whisper as if she was afraid of being overheard.

(Explanation: In Lolita's time girls didn't wear pants. I'm making an assumption that Lyda is wearing jeans or pants. So sorry if this is wrong. So at first Lolita thinks she's a boy, because she's used to the two genders being very clearly defined. Also in her time not wearing a corset was like not wearing a shirt now.)
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:57 am

Lyda was wearing an expression that hadn't come onto her face for quite some time.
"A corset. . . ? Your kidding, right?"
Utter confusion and disbelief was blatantly shown on Lyda's face. She hadn't worn a dress of any sort since... since she was probably age 3.
Her mother laughed.
It's been quite some time since you first refused to wear anymore dresses.
Lyda let out a slight laugh.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:58 am

(Anyone opposed to skipping until the next morning?)
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 9:17 am

(No. I guess I can write the skip since I won't be able to come on all day. And I'm up while you are all asleep. Yey early morning starts! Sleep )
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 10:08 am

Thunder cracked across the gray sky. The sun was veiled behind the swelling black clouds and the repetitive sound of rainfall tapping on the roof echoed through the house. Arun gazed at the watery veins slithering down the window. He traced his deep white scars from his arm, to his shoulder, to his chest… The memories of his youth had been carved into his very body. Lightening flickered in the distance, pursued by an approaching growl that vibrated through the foundation of the house. Arun’s eyes became clouded with the flashbacks of his childhood. The blinding lights reflecting through the distressing off-white rooms, the human measured tubs of water, the metal plated electric paddles, the scalpels, the scissors, the syringes, the drills, the nails… And the most memorable of all – the hands who wielded them. Their hidden faces and white coats that camouflaged with the rest of the room could never be forgotten. Each scar was engraved one by one, minute by minute. And when the weapon grew closer…

Arun snatched his drained vodka bottle from the side table and pitched it across the room. He plummeted to the floor as the recollections were threaded in and out of his mind with a stinging needle. Lightning flashed, splashing onto the walls, morphing his sleeping quarters into the lab room. Arun shredded off his colored strings, scraping his fingers, until he succumbed to his waking reminiscences and let them burrow back into his furious heart.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 12:16 pm

If Lyda thought it was hard sleeping with three ghosts trying to scare her all night, around a hundred people torturing her was worse, and her mother was in the bed right behind Lyda, playing with and braiding Lyda's hair for hours.
The lightening flickered outside, leaving the thunder's echo to radiate through the house. The time barely past, and Lyda could not hope for sleep.
She pushed herself out of the large bed and set to wandering the house until she came across a television.
After quite some time, Lyda found what she had been looking for and sat a little over a foot away from the television. Channel after channel reminded her of what she had done. The families, the bodies, the police search. She was not going to be able to escape. Horrors filled her mind. She needed an escape, so Lyda settled for watching an old lady make clam chowder.
Back to top Go down
Syndra

Syndra

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 12:02 am

(Am I correct in assuming its still night or very early morning?)

Lolita awoke, and pushed open the coffin. The room was pitch black, though Lolita could see fine. Not because of any special power, but because the way her sight worked was very a different from a human. He eyes reflected light much like a cat. Lolita was unsure of what had woken her. She heard a scream and tilted her head to the side. Nothing new. Many nights she'd been woken up by the sound of her mother sobbing and crying. Lolita felt sympathy, but there was nothing she could do. Though she could feel emotion, it often seemed like those emotions were buried deep within her mind. Only great trauma could bring them out again. Hearing other strange, unidentified sounds, like many voices, she decided to investigate. Lolita lit a candle in a brass holder she'd found and proceeded downstairs in her night clothes. Her night clothes consisted of her two lower-most petticoats, her blouse, and her stockings. The skirt hoop and corset were upstairs. She descended the stairs from her room. She first saw Lyda sitting in front of a curious glowing box. Lolita got closer until she was standing next to Lyda "Ah, moving pictures! Mother showed me one once. But where is the projector? And how is it in color. Its so...real...as if the woman were in the same room, but smaller." Lolita was absolutely fascinated, she set the candle down on a table and sat down on a chair next to where Lyda sat. Her eyes never blinked nor left the screen.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 1:53 pm

(Skip to breakfast and whatnot? ^^)
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:21 pm

Name: Iris
Species (Human or Demigod): Demigod
Ability (If Demigod): Possession- ability to put forth one's own mind forcibly into another's body. She does not acquire their ability though. Iris must touch the person's bare skin to switch bodies.

Personality: Aside from her ability, Iris is overall forceful and manipulative, always trying to get her way. She is conceited, vain, and selfish.

Histoy: After being pursued by the most dangerous demigod clan, Iris was cornered. Her body was torn into pieces, and she lived only by leaving her own body. Now she is trapped, forced to jump from body to body. However, the longer she stays in a body, the harder it is for her to control. Therefore, Iris leaves bodies around every 30 days.

Appearance: Unknown.
Back to top Go down
TheWatchGlass

TheWatchGlass

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 2:37 pm

Lyda stayed up all night, watching cooking shows and avoiding the news at all costs. She could feel the already purple bags under her eyes begin to dominate her face. It didn't matter anymore. Nothing mattered.
She slouched out of the lounging room and wobbled down stairs towards the direction Gannon had come out of the previous night with their drinks. Lyda couldn't take being inside much longer though, so she became content on the idea of grabbing something fast to eat and going out for a walk. With her hair up and hat on. And a change of clothes also. Lyda released a sigh. This would be harder than she had originally thought since the police were looking for her.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 4:59 pm

Arun stared vacantly at his bloodied hands. He tied each individual knot onto his fingers until they were returned to place. He clothed himself before grasping his umbrella and hat; he left his room in haste, as not to be seen by his guests. Arun departed from his cluttered home, bidding no one goodbye and notifying no one of his disappearance. He opened his umbrella, balancing it over his shoulder, and turned once more into the twisting alleys.
Back to top Go down
Lunabeam

Lunabeam

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2009 5:35 pm

(Something's wrong, guys. And I don't think anything we write out of the blue will change the state of the roleplay. We screwed up somewhere along the line, and it's going downhill. We need really good ideas or - sorry for saying this - a partial or possibly even complete restart.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argentum City   Argentum City - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Argentum City
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ink Splatters :: Roleplay-
Jump to: